Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fabric is Fabulous


I got all my fabric stash washed, ironed and folded nicely. I found a cabinet that I already had that I think will store it nicely. I like how it has all of the cubbies to sort the colors by. I will use the top shelf for the larger folds of fabric. I used a 4 inch wide ruler to fold the fabric around, pinned it and then pulled the ruler out. The 4 inch ruler allowed me to fold even the smallest cuts of fabric to match the rest of the cuts. I do want to use my stash to make a nice quilt for my son, however I do have to finish another quilt top that I already have finished. I made this quilt to years ago, and it has been waiting.. I had hoped to find left over pieces of fabric in my stash to match that quilt so that I could put pieces of it in the backing. No such luck for me this time. I will have to purchase more fabric (darn) to finish this quilt.

1 comment:

  1. It looks so nice and neat, and you still have room for more. Congratulations on your new blog.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are very much appreciated and always read. Word verification was necessary due to form feed comments. So Sorry!