Friday, October 8, 2010
Farmers Wife #1
I finished my first block of The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt. i did run into only one little snag. If you read my previous posts about making the templates, you saw that I didn't make templates of all of the pieces. I kept some of the pieces as paper templates. Two of those pieces would have been the maroon pieces in this block. When I traced the paper pieces, I didn't realize that I needed to place the paper templates up side down on the wrong side of the fabric. I cut the pieces wrong. Thank goodness I did this on block #1 and it will make me pay closer attention to how the templates need to be placed in the future. Well, one done, and 110 left to go!