Thursday, October 14, 2010

Farmers Wife #3


I finished The Farmers Wife block #3 The Basket. Well I have to say the handle was a bit challenging for me. This was my first attempt into the world of applique. I did quit a bit of searching around the web for advice on how to for applique. I landed on several wonderful blogs to teach me some bits on freezer paper methods of applique that were wonderfully helpful. It has made me want to try more applique in the future. I do have my hands full at this time working on this quilt, however, I am searching for more information to learn about applique. When I see applique it makes me REALLY nervous, and I just get queasy. It seems much too difficult for a beginner like me. All the more reason I need to conquer it. Perhaps something small like a wall hanging won't leave me running for the porcelain god!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated and always read. Word verification was necessary due to form feed comments. So Sorry!