I made myself a sewing table today. I had a table that my DH had made for me from folding table legs and a piece of plywood. I topped it off with some cotton batting and muslin and stapled it in place. I used cotton batting so that when I sew, I can move my quilt piece to the side, and iron the seam quick, and add what is next. No moving the the ironing board, and not getting up and moving back and forth.
The other reason, was that I didn't want all of my fabric catching on the unfinished edge of the wood. I will take a picture of it when I get a few moments, and perhaps add it to the blog, however it really isn't much to look at.