Monday, October 4, 2010

Template Tutorial Step #1


I gathered my supplies necessary to make my templates for The Farmers Wife Sampler. I am only making the templates necessary for pieces used more than one or two times. I will be using just the paper templates for those lesser used pieces. I needed two large 18x24 inch sheets of template plastic. However you can find template plastic in smaller sheets, you can find plastic in page divider inserts in your stationery section of you local Walmart store etc. These cost me $3.99 at my local Hobby Lobby. I got a Ultra Fine permanent marker to mark on the template plastic. Tape to tape my templates on. A ruler to draw my lines. A scissors to cut them out (not your fabric scissors). I also got a teeny dot paper punch in the scrapbooking section of Hobby Lobby. You could probably find it in your scrapbooking section. This is to mark the corner points you will be sewing to. And, of course the paper templates neccessary for my project.
***I don't know how to add more photos, so more to come in the next tutorial..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated and always read. Word verification was necessary due to form feed comments. So Sorry!