Saturday, November 13, 2010

Is it worth it?

Is clipping coupons REALLY worth my time? Well, I guess that would be a personal decision for everyone. I don't clip my coupons until I am going to the store for the week. I purchase 4 newspapers each weekend, and keep the coupon inserts in a file un-clipped until I flip through them while making up my list for the week. I clip what I need at that time, using the oldest coupons first so I can catch them before they expire if possible.
This week my savings were pretty good. I made up my grocery list from my menu, added in a few snacks and necessities. (Toilet paper, paper towels).
Here are the totals for the week.
The register first rings up the price of the groceries at the NON sale price. The price the store would regularly sell the item at if it was NOT on sale. If I had shopped for the items all on a NON sale date, I would have spent $322.23. I shopped for the sales, the store discounts, used my e-coupons, and clipped my coupons. I saved $137.25. I spent $184.98. I purchased meals for 4 people for 7 days, and I am including Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and snacks. I also purchased a Ham, and a Turkey which were not on the menu but they were on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated and always read. Word verification was necessary due to form feed comments. So Sorry!