Sunday, March 20, 2011

Hexagon Progress

I'm going to apologize ahead of time for a no picture post.. but Hubby has the camera on a business trip.. (SORRY!)
I wanted to take a moment to update my progress on my hexagon quilt. I'm moving along each day.. and it seems like I'm nearing the end.. (yeah right!)
I laid the whole of my blocks that I have completed out on the floor with intentions of taking a photo, and seeing how it looked, along with seeing how big it was.. well it was then I realized that DH had taken the camera on his trip with him.
I spent the entire day yesterday on my bottom stitching hexagons, trying SO hard to get some sense of accomplishment. Well, they aren't a quickie project. The blocks are sitting next to me. I basted two paper plates full of hexies, and then finished four blocks (of 12 hexies).
The reds in these are two reds that I had a lot of fabric in, so I of course have many more hexies in this red.. more flowers. I need to finish these flowers so that I can spread them throughout the quilt top, and not end up with a big section of them all clumped together. I also don't want all of this fabric stuck around the edges where I have to fill in partial blocks. That will be next... piecing together the top, and then filling in the partial blocks. Hopefully some pictures of a top coming together very soon..

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing the quilt! I love reds!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are very much appreciated and always read. Word verification was necessary due to form feed comments. So Sorry!