Friday, July 29, 2011

First Finish


I have showed the top of this quilt before, but I finally FINISHED it. I have been afraid for so long to do the binding of the quilt, that it just sat around waiting. I had to finish this quilt before my daughters wedding in August, and I knew it, but I was afraid I couldn't manage a binding. I found the directions I saw online very confusing. Even when I thought that I could understand them, I just couldn't muster up the nerve to jump in there and DO it.
Thank goodness for reading the wonderful posts by bloggers in quilty blogland! I had this looming pressure sitting on my shoulders, when a wonderful post was done by I Candy Handmade she had such clear pictures, and step by step pictures and directions. And the part that I completely dreaded... the joining of the two ends of the binding was made SO simple.. I just knew that I could do it. I was up my stairs in minutes, and cutting my bias binding. It was stitched on in minutes, and I had a complete quilt in just days. I am so beholden to her! And my daughter will now have her wedding gift one less stress for momma!!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first finish!!! It is beautiful! Your daughter will cherish it for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Marcia, it's beautiful! You did a great job on the binding, and I'm sure your daughter is going to treasure it. Funny thing...when I made my first quilt, the binding was the only thing that I WASN'T afraid of doing....the piecing scared me silly! LOL!

    Since you have checked this off your list, hope you have a nice relaxed weekend!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are very much appreciated and always read. Word verification was necessary due to form feed comments. So Sorry!