Thursday, October 6, 2011

Link to the 30s

I'm SO in love with the quilt on the cover of this book. I purchased the book. It should be here Saturday. Not that I'm hovering at the door too much. I already have three quilts in the works, but I can certainly see how quilting can be an addiction. Can I show you a closer look. I know you wanna see it. I also ordered the Omnigrid rulers to help me do a good job of cutting the pieces nicely. Now I've never EVER cut anything on a curve, so heaven help me. I hope there are some tips out there, or perhaps included in the package. It will take weeks (WUT? WEEKS, yep WEEKS) for the templates to come, but I guess that is okay since I still havn't decided what fabulous fabric I want to do this quilt in, and I have other quilts that I really need to move my bootie on. My hexagon quilt being hand quilted is taking FOREVER, as my hand quilting skills are the stab and stitch method. I'm slowly piecing my other hexagon quilt for my DD as I watch television in the evening, and I am working on my first machine quilted piece for my son. Now trust me they are just straight lines (or semi straight) because free motion quilting is out of my league. I just spend lots of time right now dreaming about some beautiful fabrid to make this lovely in, but I had to share that photo of the quilt and the book, cuz it is yummy to be sure!

5 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful quilt! It is easy to get addicted to quilting; I have one ready to sew and one ready to cut right now. And I might have some fabric that I haven't chosen patterns for yet. Okay, I do; I'm a bit of a fabric-aholic! Can't wait to see what you choose! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I am looking forward to seeing this one in progress and finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that pattern - I'm going to have to get that book. You might want to consider getting a curve master presser foot to help sewing those curves -it's great

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that quilt but I would hate to cut it out! You should get yourself a go and die cut those shapes ;-) It's a shame - I sold those exact templates in the spring and I could have sent them to you!! It is a wonderful quilt and you'll do an amazing job :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. It IS beautiful!!! I just love it. I'm so glad I stopped by to visit and scroll through your archived posts or I might never have seen it. Looking forward to watching yours grow! Thanks for visiting my blog/give-away. Good luck! ~karen

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are very much appreciated and always read. Word verification was necessary due to form feed comments. So Sorry!