Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Great Haul But...

I went to Joann's and they had such a great deal that I couldn't help myself but shop. Fat Quarters were on sale for .99 cents. Yeah I know!! Well the deal got even better. Batting was on sale for 50% off. But on top of that I had a coupon for 20% off your entire order customer appreciation. I was super excited, and had to hit the store. Here is a picture of my fat quarter haul for the day.
AHHHHHHH! I know!! Just look at all those beautiful colors! I was planning on doing Dear Jane with it. Until I got the Dear Jane book. UGH! Those pieces are sooooo tiny!! I just don't think I can do that. I wanted to do it by English Paper Piecing it. I even went so far as to have it all printed out on cardstock. But the pieces are just SOOOOO tiny. I don't know if I can. I really want to do something by hand. English Paper Piecing it. I just can NOT seem to find a pattern to do. (insert big sad face here). I love doing hand piecing. LOVE IT! And after working for so very long on my hand quilting on my hexagon quilt, which by the way, is still NOT done.. I have decided hand quilting is NOT for me. I will be machine quilting my next quilt after hand piecing it. I have run into a little bit of a distraction. Ready??
Meet Lili!! My new baby. Oh my goodness. She is such a good girl. I went and rescued her from the shelter on Friday. She is a Dachshund/Terrier mix. I'm not sure what kind of terrier, but as small as she is at two months I am thinking Yorkie. We shall see as she grows. She is so smart and so sweet, but a handful. Just one hand, but still a handful. She sleeps ON me. I tried the kennel, really I did, but DH gave up on that before I did. And she sleeps not on the bed, but ON ME. Last night she finally started to move off of me and find her way onto the bed for comfort, but she has been doing fantastic with potty training, and had two tiny accidents on the day she arrived, and none since. Fingers crossed there let me tell you. If you all have any suggestions for me on English Paper Piecing Projects I can work on Blogs that are showing patterns (I haven't found any showing block patterns) that would be fantastic! I would also love lap quilt as you go ideas. So feel free to drop suggestions in my lap (pardon the pun). Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Your puppy is too cute! Enjoy the cuddling.

    Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are her Mommy now. Congrats Alene

    ReplyDelete
  3. That top picture really shows her Dachsie blood! And being so smart, too. Good choice! Lovely rainbow of fqs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all the puppy is ADORABLE!!!!
    I found your blog from a comment on Applique Thursday that you are working on a hexie quilt but alas there are no pictures on your blog :( Looking forward to seeing them another time. I have the leather sticky thimbles - love them as well. I invite you to join my monthly hexie party - next is 9/17/12.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Lili is adorable! She looks just like my daughter's Cali, whom was found in a parking lot about a month ago. She too is a daschund/something mix, and the vet estimated to be about six months old.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Lili is so cute.
    Liebe Grüße Grit

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are very much appreciated and always read. Word verification was necessary due to form feed comments. So Sorry!