Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Vintage Tin

I've done it again.  Jumped into another project.  Well, it is in the mail on it's way.  But can you blame me?  Just look at it!!  I know you want to see more.  Well you can see more and zoom in and even purchase this little lovely for only $27.00 at http://www.crabapplehillstudio.com/index.php/vintage-tin.html  it is special to me mostly because of the center scene.  It wasn't on route 66 but at a gas station much like this one.  My mom had stopped to get gas, and my daddy stepped out to pump gas.  That was how they met.  She showed me a picture in her picture tin of her old 57 Chevy pulled up to the gas station, and although I DO NOT know cars at all, I think it looks ever so much like this photo.  So I am going to stitch this up just like this with one exception.  The car in the center is going to be her baby blue.  IF I could find a 57 Chevy to super impose in the scene, then I might just do that.  LOL.  I'll think about giving that a shot, but I'm not super creative.  I've never even sewed Flying Geese before LOL.  So this will be a new experience for me.  I just know I HAVE to do this for my mom. 
    I didn't think that I had any black and white fabric in my stash.   LOL.  Teach me to go and check before heading to the store.  I had a little quilt pack that I had bought on clearance when Walmart was changing up their stores from pre-packs back to will-cut stations.  Not so sure anymore that was a good move.  BUT... anyhow.  I found a bundle of black and white and a few precuts that should get me started nicely.  YAY!  I'm so excited.  I hope that this get's you all excited about this lil beauty too!!

5 comments:

  1. That is truly wonderful! What a great idea to make it for your mom to bring back great memories! I have no doubt you will be able to find a '57 Chevy to superimpose. (Just google images and trace off a line drawing of it.) The hardest part might be getting it the right size in proportion to the rest of the picture.
    Your mom will love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have a lot of fun with this one. Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow, that's quite a bit of embroidery. Great design! I love driving on the old parts of 66 that are still drivable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is going to be a great project. Just love it and the story that goes with it about your folks. Also, love your hexagon quilt in the last post. WOW!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are very much appreciated and always read. Word verification was necessary due to form feed comments. So Sorry!