Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Been Busy

So I've been busy lately, and I have a lot to show for it. Here are some pictures to show my work of late. I actually quilted a finis in January.
I finished four placemats and a hot pad.
I also finished this table topper that I placed on my formal dining room table after I took this picture. Meanwhile I have been working on a quilt called Vintage Tin for my mother. Here are a few of the blocks that I have embroidered. All of the stitchwork is being done in black with the exception of the one car you will see that is blue. My mom drove a light blue car when she was younger, and drove into a gas station where my dad worked. He pumped her gas and she fell in love with him there... AHHHH!! So I changed the name of the gas station in the pattern to my daddy's name and stitched that in blue as well. All of the fabric will be in black and white as well. The only things in color will be my daddy's name and the blue car. I am hoping she will get the hint.. when she receives the quilt as a surprise.
Here is the portion of the stitchwork showing the car and my daddy's name.

18 comments:

  1. OMGosh you have been soooo busy. I'm totally in love with your stitching and the wonderfully story that goes with it. Your Mom is so lucky to have you do this wonderful surprise for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy! All so neat. What a sweet daughter you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Vintage Tin embroidery quilt is amazing! The valentine projects are sew cute, too ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a special story, and I love the 'color' added to the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have been busy! I llove your table wear and the stitcheries are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It really means a lot coming from someone as talented as you!

      Delete
  6. Can't wait to see your Vintage Tin quilt finished - it will be fabulous! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm jealous of your dining table. It looks just so welcoming with your new placemats and then the table topper is a great finish. Can't wait to see how you put all your stitchings together. Fun story to be told!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what cute table pieces. I love Valentine's Day if for no other reason than all the cute hearts everywhere. And look at you go on the Vintage Tin. I have that piece too, but I haven't started it yet. Thanks for linking up this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful projects. Your idea for using color only for the name and the car is a fun one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You got a lot done already! Love how you highlighted the car and your dad's name. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh really like your stitchery, very cool pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is going to be a very special quilt. I really like how you are making it your own by changing the name of the station and using the right color for your mother's car. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your table and all the stitching is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you all for your wonderful comments! This is the most comments I have received on any blogpost! WOW! I finished the Vintage TIN flimsie and it is being hand quilted today..and tomorrow and for a while after.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful projects. Really fantastic.

    Grit from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's such a wonderful idea with the blue accents! I'm hoping to start Vintage Tin once I'm done with Hocuspocusville.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful....your Mom will LOVE it! ~Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are very much appreciated and always read. Word verification was necessary due to form feed comments. So Sorry!